Friday, 19 February 2010
Paula Rinehart explains how constructs of God is being formed in the human mind.Human nature wants to fit God within a spiritual box and longs to construct a picture of Him accordingly. We want a hold on God. We grab to formulas and spiritual gurus or “know-how’s” to give us more definition and we continuously strive towards tangible evidence to set us at ease that things will work out the way we want them to.Slowly the walls of the box starts to dissolve as life happens, disappointments occur, and God seem to not stay within our mental box. This causes discomfort, confusion even deep upset and anger with God. This can be very frightening.Someone may realize that if the thing you feared had happened, then almost anything else is possible too, and that makes one feel terribly unsafe. Out of control. And o how our human nature wants to have control.“Can't I just return to the days when faith seemed sure and simple? Can't I just go back to where I was?” These are the kind of questions that often gets asked. We are uncomfortable with the tentative feel of faith.But when we reach that place, there is no going back. We find that our manageable belief system no longer works so well and the walls of the box has crumbled. God may begin to feel strangely absent, as though He has left us on our own to sort things out. Paula Rinehart explains: “Yet, in reality, what we are experiencing is this pain and confusion of letting go, not of God, but of the safe, secure, confines we built to house our concept of Him. God is not a concept to be mastered, a set of prescriptions we can control. He shows Himself to be much different than we thought - more loving, more exacting, more faithful” Her conclusion can be compared to what A.W Tozer said : “Much of our difficulty as seeking Christians stems from our unwillingness to take God as He is and adjust our lives accordingly. We insist upon trying to modify Him and bring Him nearer to our own image”. Oswald Chamber puts this a bit harsher: “If we have never had the experience of taking our commonplace religious shoes off our commonplace religious feet, and getting rid of all the undue familiarity with which we approach God, it is questionable whether we have ever stood in His presence. The people who are flippant and familiar are those who have never yet been introduced to Jesus Christ”. What this book aims to do is to bring Truth about God, not to put Him yet in another box, but to reveal more of who He reveals Himself to be, by the Spirit of Truth.Tamara Hartzell puts it bluntly by explaining how Truth becomes the sacrifice, when absolutism is out, and relativism is in; When obedience is out, and pragmatism is in: When teaching is out, and dialogue is in: When thus saith the Lord is out, and consensus of opinion is in: When using Scripture to judge right and wrong is out, and unity with tolerance at all costs is in: When the narrow way is out, and the broad way is in. Perhaps Tamara has a point. Let us further investigate.Over the years religious organizations, including Protestants and Catholics have put the Christian religion to shame. Brutal wars, immorality, greed, dishonesty and stiff-neck pride among leaders and organizations wearing the label “Christian” has made millions to run away from Christianity into the arms of Eastern religion gurus and teachers, who embraced them with beautiful words and promises of love.There are no excuses to be made. The name of Christ had been dishonored. And the type of Christianity displayed at large has but very little to do with Jesus Christ, His life and what He came to establish. If one is however an honest truth seeker, we have to look past those offenses, of “so called” Christians, and give “True Christianity” in the authentic sense of what it is and was meant to be an honest look. This is what is intended to be done in this document.KW Kenyon put it well: "Christianity is not a religion. It is not a system of ethics. It is not a set of rules to guide man's conduct, but it is a union with Deity" If this is the truth, then surely, those living in the deepest of darkness, claiming to be “Christian” had nothing to do with Christianity, in this sense. As the God of the bible, is Holy. And to be in union with Him, could never mean to live still in such deep darkness. “The sacred page is not meant to be the end, but only the means toward the end, which is knowing God himself”. A.W. Tozer. The question to be asked is : Can we know God ourselves. Personally. Intimately. Or are these just words? And does the True Christian religion has this to offer? And how does this compare to what Eastern religion practices lays on the table?This will be discussed within this book. The truth alone can set people free!We have found that it is one thing to know doctrines of truth. It is quite another thing to have Truth in the innermost man.
Deception identified in the book “The New Earth” from Eckhart Tolle
1.Description of the development on the earth starting on chapter 1, not in line with Scripture. See also the following link on quantum physics
2.Eckard says “Jesus tells us to contemplate the flowers and learn from the how to live”. Jesus did not say that Eckard. The context in Scripture was a teaching from Jesus not to be concerned about anything, for our heavenly Father will clothe us and feed us, therefore look at the birds and the lilies…Mat 6:30. I agree with you that flowers speak to us with a message from the spiritual realm. As you will see in my summary above, I agree with you on many things. You do not only speak lies, but do bring also phinominal truths to the reader. But truth mixed with lies is still a lie. And we can not twist Jesus’s words to make it say what we want it to say. We need to honour and respect the living Word. Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom, and “cherry picking’” Jesus’s words to make it serve us and our purposes, instead of bowing and submitting to the authority of God’s Word is how deception slips in.
3.The innermost nature of every person that is living under the law of sin and death is not beautiful as you state Eckart. It is only when we live from the law of life in Christ Jesus, that we are set free from the law of sin and death.(Rom 8:2) The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
4. All beauty shows us to Jesus and should lead us to worship, it is not given so we can worship ourselves. Jesus is the exact representation of the Father. (Heb 1:3)
5.Yes Eckart we need enlightenment, illuminism, but we don’t need Lucifarian Illuminism, the way Eve got it when eating from the (“Gnostic”) Tree of knowledge of good and evil, but we need true Godly enlightenment, Illuminism, and that comes only by revelation of the Spirit of God, by the Spirit of Wisdom and revelation. (See Eph 1:17 regarding the spirit of wisdom and revelation and speaking the wisdom of God in mystery)Fear of the Lord, the bible says, is the beginning of wisdom. (Psa 111:10) Any wisdom that doesn’t start with the fear of the Lord is not godly wisdom, but is the wisdom of this world, the Illuminism of Lucifer, the mysteries of the universe, that is indeed enticing. It was enticing to Eve, even in her state of perfection. It is enticing to you. And to many. But, dear Eckardt, it doesn’t lead to life, to the contrary...
6. You are talking about an awakening that is necessary, and I agree. But not the type that you are talking about. The awakening necessary is an awakening unto the life of Christ, perfect righteousness with God through His sacrifice (not our performances), by grace through faith, a life hidden with God in Christ. 1Co 15:34 “Awake to righteousness...”
7. You talk about identity. We need to find our identity not in some “contiousness” state. We need to find our identity in Christ. I agree, not in our role playing, not in our functions and money and what others think of us, but in Christ. But in Christ. Col 3:3
8. Christ is not our own inner consciousness. Jesus is the Christ. The bible makes it clear. You do not have the spirit of Christ by default. See Rom 8:9 and Mat 16:16
9. Our soul consists of our emotions and intellect. What I call soul, you call “ego”. Whatever it be called, you are correct, that we are to live from the spirit and not from the soul (or ego). There we will enter the place of rest in God. But you can not enter that place without the blood of Jesus Christ. The place of God’s rest is in the Holy of Holies. The veil that had kept people out had been torn during the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Now we can all enter in. Through the blood of Jesus. There is no other way. If you connect with “Source” in another way, you are connecting with Lucifer and not with God. You are resting in Lucifer, not in God. He (Lucifer) comes as an angel of light, pretending to love, pretending to bring peace and joy, but it is not true love, it is not true peace and it is not true joy. It is a counterfeit. It is an utter deceit. We need Jesus Christ. There would be no reason for God to slay His beloved son if His blood was not necessary for the remission of our sins and for us to have fellowship with a Holy God. Mercy triumphed justice, on the cross. Justice was satisfied. God is righteous. The cross was God’s master plan, to redeem the world unto Himself. He who remain and always will be perfectly Holy, perfectly just and perfectly righteous, could not bring us unto Himself any other way. See 1Pe 2:11
10. Sin is indeed to miss the mark, yes. But we miss the mark when we do not fulfill our Godly calling and obey God in what He calls us to do. And for all of us, He has called us to glorify Him, and not ourselves. (See Rom 1:18,19,21)Our basic sin is when we do not believe, for we can only glorify God the way we should when we enter into oneness with Christ through believing in Him. See John 16:7,10
11. Original sinSee excellent explanation against what traditional Christians taught about original sin, but also against what you are saying about it. Foundational Truths
12.You say “You do not become good by trying to be good, but by finding the goodness that is already within you, and allowing that goodness to emerge”. Yes, Amen! But that is only when Christ is your life. When you have not been crucified with Christ and risen up in a new life with Him, you have not the life of Christ in you. And being crucified with Christ and rising up in a new life with Him does not come through striving, it comes by the grace of God, through believing in Jesus Christ of Nasareth. See 1Jn 4:3 . When you say that the Christ is your (our) own inherent consciousness and not that Jesus is the Christ that came in the flesh, you are speaking from the spirit of the antichrist.
13. True Oneness with one another, is when we have found our Oneness with Christ. It is vertical first, then horizontal. Me and you for example can not be one, as things are currently, for you are not in Christ, you do not believe on Him as your Savior, as your Redeemer. You follow eastern ways, not the ways of Yahweh. See Joh 17:11 regarding Oneness the way God intended it. See also Moving on to perfection and Oneness with God section in this document.
14. You talk about Gnosticism and mysticism (which relates to Babilonian mysticism) that came into existence in the early and medieval Christianity, but that is a sad fact, not something that Christians should get excited about. See section revealing the truth about Theosophy elsewhere on this site.The snake has moved himself right into our midst and believers are being devoured by wolves, running into the arms of Lucifer and the occult without even realizing it. Do you know who Helena Petrovna Blavatsky and C.W. Leadbeater was? Have you read up about her life? I challenge you to do so dear Eckard. In Mat 22:29 Jesus said to those that were deceived that they err, and points out how they do not know the scriptures nor the power of God.All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for correction, for instruction in righteousness (see 2 Tim 3:16). If whatever we feel inside is true, then we wouldnt need to submit ourselves to the correction of the scriptures. But when we live from the Truth, which is Jesus Christ, the truth of Christ will never be contrary to the truth of Scripture. Yet, the letter kills, but the Spirit brings life, the Scriptures needs to be read with the Holy Spirit, else it can not bring life.15. I agree with you that a specific set of beliefs are not what is absolute truth. Absolute Truth is a person, Jesus Christ. And when He has become my life, I live a life from Truth, and from the spirit I can discern all things and know truth. But Truth is not some Cherry picking thing I can decide on for myself and discard at will. For the human nature and the human spirit in itself is not truth. Only when the Spirit of Truth, the Spirit of Christ has been poured out into the human spirit, by a transformational miracle that happens when we through believing in Christ get buried with Him and rise up in a new life with Him, only then do we have Truth, Absolute Truth, within.You say : “There is only one absolute Truth, and all other truths emanate from it”. I agree. You say: “When you find that Truth, your actions will be in alignment with it.” I agree, if you flow and live from that Truth. You say: “Can the Truth be put into words? Yes, but the words are, of course not it. They only point to it”. I agree. You say: “The truth is inseparable from who you are. Yes you are the Truth” Not exactly. Christ is the Truth. When I abide in Him, I will manifest Truth. You point how Jesus said “I am the way and the truth and the life” Yes. Jesus is the way the truth and the life. I am that not apart from Him. Apart from Him I can do nothing. It is via the Spirit of Truth that I am joined with Jesus, just as Jesus was joined to the Father via the Spirit of Truth. Jesus lived dependently from the Father. Jesus said in John 5:30 “I can of mine self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just, because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me”As Jesus lived in dependence on the Father, in Oneness with Him, we are to live dependently on the Father, in Oneness with Him. Not seeking our own will. But the will of the Father. In all things. At all times. Jesus did not come to earth to show us that we are gods. He came to lay down His life, so we can enter through His blood into a life of intimacy with the Father. But anything that is not about glorifying the Father, is sin. We miss the mark when we live for ourselves and not for Him and His glory.16. You say : “Once you realize and accept that all structures (forms) are unstable, even the seemingly solid material ones, peace arises within you. This is because the recognition of the impermanence of all forms awakens you to the dimension of the formless within yourself, that which is beyond death. Jesus called it “eternal life”. That is not true Eckhart. Let’s look at what Jesus called eternal life as per the scripture Joh 17:3 “And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent”John 3:16 “And this is life eternal, that they migt know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.For God so loved the world, that the gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.We will perish if we do not believe in Jesus Christ, and there is no way to have eternal life, knowing the only true God, if not through Jesus Christ, by believing in Him.
Closing remarks: There are much more I can say about the books. These 16 points are not all the lies, there are many more, but I highlighted a few. Apart from the lies there are also beautiful truths you bring Eckhart, and for somebody that lives in Christ, it can enhance and enrich our awareness of what it is to live a life in awareness of the life of Christ inside of the believer. But my conclusion is that even though you have in dept understanding of many things, your starting point is wrong, your foundation is not Jesus the Christ, the Son of the living God, and therefore whatever insight you built on top of that foundation would not ultimately bring life to the audience. It can not.
Eckardt Tolle provides New Age teachings, which really is not that “new” in a modern way.To compare his teachings with two other streams of belief, find below a table
In a nutshell, the global initiatives steer towards global integration. There is however one area that can never be integrated and that is occultism with true biblical based Christianity. Just as darkness and light can not be integrated there is no integration possible between Lucifarianism and Christianity. The strong drive towards integration has so far managed to dim the borders between Christian spirituality and occult spirituality, creating the illusion that spirituality is all the same thing.
"When the Jews at Berea were confronted with the Gospel, “they received the word with all readiness of mind and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.” (Acts 17:11) They were commended by God for examining the Scriptures themselves in order to “prove all things.” (I Thess. 5:21) Like the noble Bereans, those who desire to know the truth today will study the Scriptures to determine which Bible faithfully preserves the doctrines of the Christian faith.
2 Timothy 3:16 says “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.” (NKJV)